Saturday, February 2, 2008

Super Bowl!

For Christmas I promised my buddy Aaron team themed sugar cookies! So here they are... before they were gobbled up by the boys!

Because they taste so fantastic, I'm posting the recipe. My Aunt Phyllis is one of the best chefs I know. Her AMAZING and simple sugar cookies have been a fam tradition for years.
Enjoy!

l
Aunt Phyllis' Sugar Cookies

pre-heat 375
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Combine remaining ingredients. Chill over night (VERY important). Roll out, cut and bake. Bake for 6-8 min. Yield 2-3 dozen cookies!
l

Mary's not-too-tart Cream Cheese Frosting
(Finally perfected!)
16 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened but cool
1/4 cup of cream cheese
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon whole milk
pinch of salt
4 cups confectioners' sugar (1 pound)
Combine all ingrdents. Add more sugar for thicker frosting (if you want your decorations to hold shape!)

l

Roll em out




Helmets, players and footballs



Helmets ready to be baked. If you're a baker, you MUST have a Silpat non-stick liner.


The cookies slide off easy and cook evenly. MAGIC!




Giants vs Patriots. Was anyone else torn on who to cheer for!? I was completely impartial..then I was kinda bumbed the Patriots lost.. then annoyed the coach stomped off the field and left his team to the final play.. ah football.


Edible players. I had a special request for a Redskin's player! Kinda out of place..but equally as yummy!




After a close game, it went to the Giants! Thanks guys for a great Super Bowl eating party!




6 comments:

vickiticki said...

How Fun!!
What a great idea!

yeags said...

mmm.....cookies....mmmmm

Heather said...

Those cookies look so good. I am sure Aaron ate a ton of them!

Emily S. said...

these DID turn out incredible! Love the bold color, and the random redskins one... Fun!

Lauren said...

Wow, don't those look yummy?! I'm impressed! You're good! I'll have to try that recipe and make the cookies with the kids. They'd love it! Thanks!

Nathan said...

I've been dying for a good cream-cheese recipie. That's for that.