Thursday, January 10, 2008

It went so fast!

Is anyone else feeling blue?? Today I started to pack up Christmas. My mom and I had already put away the holiday dishes, but I'm stuck taking down all the happy trimmings. Everything I put back into the plastic storage tubs makes me miss the organised chaos of a full house. Even driving home tonight i was disappointed that my neighbor's lights and open curtains to display their trees had been replaced by a dark gloominess..not helped by our yuck weather. Now is that long stretch before tulips and perfect St Louis springs. Ugh. Even Max seems impatient with the cold. I wonder if he dreams of our afternoon walks and lunches on restaurant patios. Well, goodbye sugar cookies, carols, Christmas lights, pine smelling candles, and manger scenes. I'll pack you up and look forward to next years memories.

*Our happy Christmas pitcher*
*Goodbye Holiday dishes*


*Jeez! Still lots to pack up!*

*Maximus missing a full house*


...until next Christmas!

3 comments:

yeags said...

Max looks so cute! Only 300 or so days till the Christmas season returns! Wonderful photos.

J.Ammon said...

It's crazy how much stuff gets used for only a couple months around Christmas... but it's so worth it!

Lauren said...

Good luck packing it all up! I'm with you...it's sad to see it go. The feelings associated with putting it all away are in such contrast to how exciting it is setting it all up!