Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SO tired

Getting back to the CHU after waiting, again, for another flight...not so fabulous..

80 hour work week?? Everyone does it, or will do it, out here. Yesterday, however, it hit me. Just one day of sleeping in, one day I can hit my snooze, one night to have the energy to read or watch a movie. Not gonna happen.

Yesterday we laughed about the Legend of Weekends...
and these guys have been out here for months, some years....

I got my second wind this morning. I even wrote in my journal, and as I read my 'Goals in Iraq' page, I had to laugh at my down right silly objectives: Work out daily (HA!), Eat small portions (Um, it's all you can eat mashed potato night??? BRING IT ON!), No bread (well, that was just dumb)
& lastly, NO sugar (Yeah, I should of known better).
What I should have written down is: Take time to cut my nails, Wear my shirts only 3 times before washing (at 5 or 6 times they start to be offensive), Clean my glasses (I forget to..and DANG they get dirty), Sleep, and lastly...Eat sugar & stop worrying about your dress size.

Yeah, I can meet those goals & day-dream about a sleeping vacation...

3 comments:

yeags said...

Very funny! :) A good laugh this early in the morning. Mmm...mashed potatos!

Emily S. said...

oh, wow! What a reality check!!! You are really LIVING, ya know? True, hard, nitty gritty LIFE.

So you DESERVE some sugar, daily.

(And I, too, dream of a Sleeping Holiday.)

Maxmomma said...

Oh, I love this post! Isn't true that a fixation on not eating certain foods usually stems from having too many luxuries? Good food for thought.

I miss you and think you are very strong for doing this. Good luck with those 80 hr. work weeks. Just insane. Please stay sane- hard to do with no breaks.