Friday, December 5, 2008

Turkish Coffee and other Ramblings

Since my time in the IZ, I've had an obsession with Turkish Tar, I mean coffee.

The way it's made, the variety, and the conversation
that comes with fellow coffee lovers..
Priceless.

Bonus: who can resist the delicate cups it's served in!
The coffee is boiled with sugar until the grounds disolve. Creating this blissful, thick tar.

Coupled with fresh bread, cheese and Iraqi sweets..makes for a Blissful & Buzzed afternoon!
Now. To jump subjects (I'm known for this):
I took this photo of a team member's ring on our travels:

Cool ring huh?
Although, we forgot the name of the stone.
SO, as a result, here is part of the email my buddy wrote searching for the name of this ring:

So, I asked my faithful teammate, “What is the name of the stone on Ben’s ring?”

She says, “I don’t know.”

I asked, “Didn’t you put the name of it on the picture?”

She replied, “No, I just put ‘special ring.’”

I'm so tired...
I don't know why that made me laugh.
Thought I'd share...
Kinda sad.
FYI: the ring is called Sulaymani. It's said to have mystical powers.
Jeez :)

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

i AM pretty much in LOVE with the delicate cups!!! Swooning, in fact!